Re: How to disable snippets in emacs

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: How to disable snippets in emacs
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:31:22 -0000

On Jan 15, 8:49 am, Bujji <bujjiec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the yasnippet. I removed the yasnippet.el file from my
> directory and siabled this by not loading the snippets.el file in my
> init file.
>
> Still the completion shows up.
> I'm not seeing any yas mode on the screen . But don't have a idea, why
> this complete is starting when I type function+ space or for+space.
>
> Thanks for response

am guessing you probably still it loaded somewhere.

try start emacs with -Q.

See if it still comes up.

Another way, is to remove the entire yasnippet directory. Put it to
trash.

> I'm using the yasnippet. I removed the yasnippet.el file from my
> directory and siabled this by not loading the snippets.el file in my
> init file.

you can't just remove that single file. Because there's also byte
compiled file the .elc.

> I'm not seeing any yas mode on the screen .

you mean you don't see the yasnippet menu? The menu shows only when
you are in a major mode that has snippets.

 Xah