Re: Copy/paste issue.

From: Silvio Levy
Subject: Re: Copy/paste issue.
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:44:08 -0700

> This feeling gets reinforced by the fact that things seem to progress very
> slowly with binary search, at first.  Remind yourself of the story of the
> inventor of chess and the king:

In my experience binary search, while sometimes unavoidable, is far
from logarithmic, because the contents interact with each other.

At the simplest level, cutting a file in half typically cuts it in the
middle of a function. Even if the functions are short and it's easy to
break between functions, the remaining code may depend on the omitted
code, so the division introduces new errors that have to be debugged.

Silvio Levy

Silvio