Re: missing info directory

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: missing info directory
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 00:01:37 +0300

> From: Bug Dout <buggsy2@mailinator.com>
> Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 12:27:59 -0700
>
> GNU emacs 23.x and 24.0.x on Windows 7.
>
> I've downloaded the non-barebin zip files for these, as well as the
> Linux .tar.gz files, and none of them have the info directory. Then I
> tried makeinfo (from cygwin) but the only directory that cleanly
> produced .info files from .texi was .../doc/lispintro/.
>
> Also I am missing the etc/DOC-X file.
>
> What can I do to rectify the situation?

Use a different unzip utility?

I mean, I just checked 2 random zip files, and the files you are
missing are all there.

Which zip files exactly did you try, and where did you download them?

Oh, and the makeinfo stuff? forget about it: the binary distribution
already includes all the products of running makeinfo, and does not
include the original *.texi files used to produce them.

But if you are trying to use the source zip, then you need to build it
first; see the file nt/INSTALL for the details.