Re: makeinfo: missing file argument

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: makeinfo: missing file argument
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:16:02 +0200

Am 6.4.2012 um 09:37 schrieb Glenn Morris:

> Huh, according to
>
> http://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.68/html_node/_0024_003c-in-Ordinary-Make-Rules.html
>
> "$<" is not portable in ordinary rules.

I tried to use the bsdmake programme in Mac OS X, which also won't tell its
version, and it had no problems to build the docs – but ended with executing
this:

        (cd doc/lispintro; bsdmake -j 1 -j 1 -j 1 -j 1 info)

(To have a clear sight I invoked 'bsdmake -j 1 bootstrap'.) The compilation of
objects and binaries with GCC never started...

--
Greetings

  Pete

»¿ʇı̣ əsnqɐ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ ɟı̣