Re: make bootstrap fails

From: Kuroishi Mitsuo
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 12:04:02 +0900 (JST)

  From:       Chris Van Dusen <cavandusen@gmail.com>
  Subject:    make bootstrap fails
  Date:       Sun, 8 Apr 2012 18:46:01 -0500

  > $ sh autogen.sh
  > $ ./configure --with-ns
  > $ make bootstrap
  > .
  > Generating autoloads for desktop.el...
  > Generating autoloads for desktop.el...done
  > Generating autoloads for dframe.el...
  > Generating autoloads for dframe.el...done
  > Making generated-autoload-file local to  *autoload-file* while let-bound!
  > Generating autoloads for dired-aux.el...
  > Error: (error "Running bzr status --no-classify dired.el...FAILED (status
4)")
  > Running bzr status --no-classify dired.el...FAILED (status 4)
  > make[3]: *** [autoloads] Error 255
  > make[2]: *** [/Users/chrisvandusen/src/emacs/src/../lisp/loaddefs.el] Error
2
  > make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
  > make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
  >
  > This is on Mac OS 10.6.8.
  >
  > Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this?
    If there is more info needed, just let me know.

I had the same problem above the other day.

In my case the bzr command didn't work properly because I
install Python under ~/local and I needed to set PYTHONPATH
correctly.

I guess your bzr executed from the make command doesn't work
well. Why don't you check about it.

For your convenience.

Regards,

--