Re: Help with emacs scripting

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Help with emacs scripting
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 19:31:22 +0800

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Daniel Sousa <daniel@sousa.me> wrote:
I'm new to emacs and I have not used it much, but I think that it could really help me on the task I'm currently doing.

I need to change a web app to make it translatable. Now I have to change a bunch of .xsl files. What I need to do is find the strings, then replace them by something like <xsl:value-of select="/xml/lang/foo" /> and add to a .php something like DEFINE("_LANG_FOO","bar");

I think it would be really easy to create an emacs script to automatically do this, but I don't know how to do it. Can anyone help me?

Your question is vague.  What does the buffer look like?  Where does "foo" come from?  Is it derived from the string you're searching for?  Where does "bar" come from?

It's best to start coding this and come back with specific questions when you get stuck.  "Do my homework" type of questions aren't likely to get you a full solution.

Best regards,
Daniel Sousa

--
Le