RE: How do I find out what minor modes are in effect?

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: How do I find out what minor modes are in effect?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:28:11 +0000

> Doug Lewan <dougl@shubertticketing.com> writes:
>

> > How do I find out what minor modes are in effect?
>
> Jambunathan K [kjambunathan@gmail.com] responded:
>
> This suggests that you can steal some code from the C-h k C-h m .
>
> M-x find-function RET describe-mode RET

A quick peek revealed this comment:

          ;; Document a minor mode if it is listed in minor-mode-alist,
          ;; non-nil, and has a function definition.

And about two minutes of reading and adapting got this code:
    (let ((mode)
          (result))
      (dolist (mode minor-mode-list result)
        (let ((fmode (or (get mode :minor-mode-function) mode)))
          (if (and (boundp mode) (symbol-value mode) (fboundp fmode))
              (push mode result))))
      result)

I guess you should trust code more than documentation, said the embarassed
programmer.

Thanks.

,Doug