Re: How do I find out what minor modes are in effect?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How do I find out what minor modes are in effect?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:33:28 -0400

> The practical, first-time implementation is in place and works.
> Now it's time to write the (save-mode) macro.
> (Which means I suddenly have to get better at writing macros. Darn!)

BTW, an alternative approach can rely on `buffer-local-variables': just
stash away the value of all variables that are buffer-local, so you can
re-set them later.

The downside is that it won't enable the major/minor modes explicitly
upon restore, so the mode hooks won't be run, and some other state may
be missing (e.g. if a minor mode relies on a timer, the restore may
fail to re-start the timer).

        Stefan