Why does Emacs make it difficult for me to have two frames open the same

From: Kevin Tran
Subject: Why does Emacs make it difficult for me to have two frames open the same buffer?
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:04:49 -0700

I have 2 frames. I switch the buffer in first frame to buffer A. When I try to
switch the buffer in the second frame to buffer A, Emacs brings the first frame
forward. What I want is to open buffer A in both frames. Is there a setting
that makes Emacs bring the other frame forward when buffer A is already opened
in it?