Re: Running a lisp script

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Running a lisp script
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 06:06:31 +0000 (UTC)

In article <8762dxw4l6.fsf@kuiper.lan.informatimago.com>,
Pascal J. Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:

>That said, emacs lisp is close enough to Common Lisp.  Learning Common
>Lisp, you'll know enough to write emacs lisp code.  (Mostly, emacs lisp
>is a subset of Common Lisp; there's also (require 'cl) to provide more
>CL-like operators).  ...
>

>--
>__Pascal Bourguignon__                     http://www.informatimago.com/
>A bad day in () is better than a good day in {}.

Outta say something about those new scoping rules that Sussman and IforgetWho
invented 30 or more years ago and created Scheme to use it with, and that
later, when Common Lisp was being decided etc, put it there too.

Too late at night for me to remember the name of the "scheme", but
Perl added it via its (sic) "local" variables.   AH -- dynamic binding,
that's what it's called.  Which Elisp doesn't have, being derived from
MacLisp thinking.

That was a long time ago.  Is what I remember actually a correct memory?

Thanks,

David