Broken eshell tab completion (pcomplete) over ssh

From: pinkiesOut
Subject: Broken eshell tab completion (pcomplete) over ssh
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:15:19 -0700 (PDT)

Although tab completion in eshell works on my local system, pressing tab when
connected to another machine over ssh results in the insertion of a literal tab
character. Running pcomplete manually with M-x produces the same result,
confirming that the function is properly bound to my tab key. Some friendly
folks at #emacs point out that tab completion in eshell should just work over
ssh.

Oddly, I do not have this problem when connecting to the same server using term
or ansi-term mode. Does anyone have an idea of what might be breaking this
functionality?

For the record, I am running emacs 23.3.50.1, yet I see a similar unanswered
question regarding eshell in emacs 24.0.94 at the following URL:

http://superuser.com/questions/402747/emacs-eshell-over-ssh-not-obeying-key-commands-or-elisp

Thanks