Question about org-mode and longlines-mode

From: yandros
Subject: Question about org-mode and longlines-mode
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 16:24:50 -0700 (PDT)

I'm experimenting with longlines mode (for prose text that needs to interact
with non-Emacs readers) and org-mode (which I use for nearly all my writing).
I'm wondering in particular if there's some way to use the soft-newline fill of
longlines-mode and retain the visual indenting by heading level in
emacs/org-mode.

For example:

* Top-level heading
  This paragraph is long enough to eventually wrap on to a new line in my
typical emacs window.

Using org+auto-fill, the words `typical emacs window' would be indented to the
same depth as `This paragraph'.  Using longlines-mode, it appears as above.
I'm ok with that for non-Emacs viewers, but I'm hoping that Emacs+Org can do
better.

Thanks in advance.