RE: Menu-based tutorial?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Menu-based tutorial?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 07:08:42 -0700

> 1. Are there any good intros/tutorials for emacs using menus?
> 2. The last time (when answering someone similarly intimidated with
> emacs keyboard shortcuts) and I suggested the menus, I found them
> lacking: eg basic window commands like C-x 1 and C-x 2, buffer
> commands like C-x k are not there (as far as I know) in the menus.
> Any solutions (for a noob)?

Not a direct answer to your two questions, but these might help - but they
require loading additional libraries:

1. Icicles has lots and better menus
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsNewbieWithIcicles

2. LaCarte lets you access menus easily using keys. It makes it easy to see and
navigate the menu hierarchy.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsNewbieWithIcicles#toc7
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/LaCarte