Re: org-mode: Remove CLOSED line when cycling

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: org-mode: Remove CLOSED line when cycling
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 09:56:27 +0800

On Mon, May 21 2012, Florian Lindner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use the org-mode from emacs 23.4-2 (ArchLinux) with settings
>
> (setq org-log-done t)
> (setq org-startup-indented t)
>
> When cycling through TODO/DONE/- using C-c C-t org-mode inserts the
> CLOSED timestamp accordingly. Org-mode removes the CLOSED timestamp
> when cycling to the - state but fails to remove the now empty line.
> This produces a growing whitespace between the heading and the
> body/children.
>
> Is this considered a bug? Can I change that behavior so that it remove
> the empty line?

For what it's worth, the git version of org, with those settings,
doesn't leave an extra line. If you're willing to consider running the
development version of org you'll get that and a whole bunch of other
new features. If not, you might look at the function
`org-add-planning-info' as it exists in the git codebase, and see how it
differs from yours (particularly when the symbol 'closed is passed in as
the third argument).

http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=blob;f=lisp/org.el;h=05f5375f4e47bdfe6de55d6aa8f2ec7130dedaca;hb=HEAD#l12230

Also, there's a orgmode mailing list!

Good luck,
Eric

--
GNU Emacs 24.1.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-05-19 on pellet