Re: a key system to replace gnu emacs's 1000 default keybindings

From: Thad Floryan
Subject: Re: a key system to replace gnu emacs's 1000 default keybindings
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 16:52:18 -0700

On 5/26/2012 4:30 PM, Thad Floryan wrote:
> [...]
> Precisely.  Making the [Caps Lock] another [Ctrl] makes perfect
> sense for anyone using Emacs and/or Bash.

I want to additionally qualify the above: "... Emacs and/or Bash
and types rapidly."

I wear out junk keyboards from Dell, HP/Compaq, etc. in less than
3 months because I type fast, hard and for long periods of time.

Good keyboards such as those on the Datapoint 3300, Datamedia DT/80,
AT&T and Sun last seemingly forever, and my current keyboard:

    <http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/en104bl.html>

has survived 4 years now (since June 8, 2008) and shows no signs of
any deterioration.

And FWIW, I've been a touch typist since 1952 using a refurbished
IBM electric typewriter that an uncle who worked for IBM gave me;
that's 60 years now.  :-)