Corrupted byte compiled files

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Corrupted byte compiled files
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 15:25:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Certain of my .el files are incorrectly compiled. See the .elc
file with a long name.

More details : It seems that a part of the .elc file is missing
as if a part of the character strream was discarded. I cannot
figure out why.

But more suprisingly when renaming the file with a much more
shorter name everything goes well as if there was a limitation
in the file name length. I must point out that there are only
ascii characters composing the file name.

Moreover even with the long name the .el (uncompiled file) is
perfectly correct and load perfectly as well as the .elc
(compiled file) with the short name.

I had this problem with emacs 24.0.50 as well as witth
24.0.95. I should say that I am using these devloppeing
versions since I appreciate ieieio to be integrated in it. I
never had this compilation problem with emacs 23 but probalbly
never tried with so long file names. Moreover emacs 23 is no
longer available on my system to test. But if it could be
useful I can reinstall this stable version.

See examples attached.

Is there a limitation somewhere ?

Regards

Pierre

(TeX-add-style-hook '(Tss-slave :name
"Etude-des-Fonctions-Zeta-des-Courbes-Modulaires-Aux-Places-de-Bonne-Reductions/Reformulation-En-Theorie-des-Groupes"
 :master-directory "../" :state (new))
                    (lambda ()
                      (TeX-style-system-init-master "../Scholze")
                      (LaTeX-add-index-entries
                       "$\\sigma$-conjugués"
                       "$\\sigma$-centralisateur"
                       )