Re: Display characters with a different size?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Display characters with a different size?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:00:25 +0200

Am 12.06.2012 um 15:38 schrieb XeCycle:

> The two fonts are of different metrics.  I want to force them to
> be same.

That won't work, at least not in the way you want it to. CJK ideograms fit into
a more quadratic ("full-width") box while Latin characters fit more into a
rectangular box ("half-width"). Therefore you can find pixel fonts like 6x13 or
7x14 (I also have 8x16kana and 8x16romankana). You could stretch these Latin
characters to fit into a quadratic box, then they are twice as wide as before
at the same height – they're now cinemascope.

These two, Latin and Chinese, are incompatible.

--
Greetings

  Pete

What is this talk of 'release?' Klingons do not make software 'releases.'  Our
software 'escapes,' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance
people in its wake.