Re: Display characters with a different size?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Display characters with a different size?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:11:45 +0200

Am 12.06.2012 um 19:02 schrieb XeCycle:

> I want to tweak it into 14x20, but don't know how to do that.

Why not use a better font? I started to look into the fonts of Mac OS X 10.6.8.
The first I found is BiauKai; 6.1d3e1; 2008-08-11 from DynaLab Inc. It is
missing some Latin characters to display umlauts and other accented characters,
but it has Latin and Greek characters that seem to fit into the same box as
Chinese ideograms. Similar, with many Japanese and Korean ideograms, are Hei
Regular; 6.1d3e1; 2008-08-11 and Kai Regular; 6.1d1e1; 2008-08-18, both from
Shanghai Ikarus Ltd./URW Software & Type GmbH. A bit better Heiti TC Light;
7.0d6e1; 2010-03-01 and Heiti SC Medium; 7.0d6e1; 2010-03-01, both from
Changzhou SinoType Technology Co., Ltd., do appear. They have many accented
Latin characters. There must be more quite complete fonts.

You don't need to use pixel based fonts from or for X11. Modern Emacsen can
make use of the TrueType and OpenType font technologies – and these font
formats are also supported by the X server resp. libfontconfig.

--
Greetings

  Pete     === -Q