Re: Emacs users a dying breed?

From: notbob
Subject: Re: Emacs users a dying breed?
Date: 19 Jun 2012 16:17:56 GMT

On 2012-06-19, Pascal J. Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:

> usually run three: programming, erc, gnus.

I probably would, but irssi is better than erc and slrn is better than
gnus.  I will use them up on my ubuntu netbook, it having no real
developement base, but on my Slack box emacs is my primary editor,
even for slrn.

I try to learn something new about emacs every day, if only a
key-stroke.  When I have the time, I read emacs lisp tutorial.  It's
excellent and very well written.  While I'm a rank amateur at emacs, I
can't live without it.  It's the first thing I install on any *nix box.

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs