Re: Any way to use Emacs as the gnome shell looking glass?

From: Mark Skilbeck
Subject: Re: Any way to use Emacs as the gnome shell looking glass?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 01:49:46 +0100

Not as far as I know. I mean, you can edit the javascript in Emacs, of
course! But I don't know of any further integration.

I really wish gnome-shell had been written in Guile. Instead of having
to reload the gnome-shell, you would just C-x C-e in your Emacs Guile
REPL and see the change instantly. I was talking with a friend
recently about this. Kinda like that story of Lisp in outer-space. An
aerospace engineer guffaws about having to just enter his change into
the REPL running on the hardware out in space and seeing the change in
the system immediately, rather than having to recompile a bunch of
stuff and the latency involved with that. Admittedly, just having to
edit some Javascript and then reload (typing "r") the gnome-shell
forgoes a lot of that latency, but just isn't quite as responsive or
interactive as a lisp.

Such is life!

--
- mgs.

if all you young men / were fish in the water
how many young girls / would undress and dive after