Re: Issues with emacs

From: notbob
Subject: Re: Issues with emacs
Date: 26 Jun 2012 13:29:42 GMT

On 2012-06-26, Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> wrote:

> But it's also a possible that a skilled developer could make a
> permanent living from developing Emacs features.

Does emacs REALLY need MORE features!?  It's already so complex, now,
as to seem almost unfathomable to many.  What emacs needs is some
refining, perhaps even some simplification.  I use slrn cuz it's much
easier to follow, use, and config than gnus, even though they're
basically the same utility.  Another thing that can't hurt is better
documentation.  The only thing more arcane and vague than the official
emacs manual are those geeky man pages.  One could also make some
money off documentation.  I paid hard cash for the emacs O'Reilly books
and consider it money well spent.  In fact, I need to buy the 3rd
edition and probably will.

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!