RE: Disabling show-wspace for a specific mode or buffer

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Disabling show-wspace for a specific mode or buffer
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:16:29 -0700

> (global-set-key (kbd "<f11>")
> 'show-ws-dont-highlight-trailing-whitespace)
> (global-set-key (kbd "<f12>") 'show-ws-highlight-trailing-whitespace)
>
> Now when I press F11 - the highlighting is turned off (F12 turns it
> back on). I believe that this approach is the best for me because I
> don't have to hard code into ~/.emacs the modes for which I want to
> disable the highlighting functionality.

I thought you wanted to leave it off for specific modes (you mentioned w3m),
which is what my suggestion does.

If instead you just want to hit a key to turn it on/off, all you need to do is
bind `show-ws-toggle-show-trailing-whitespace' to a (single) key - that's what
it's for:

(global-set-key (kbd "<f11>")
                'show-ws-toggle-show-trailing-whitespace)