How to compare time of last file modification?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: How to compare time of last file modification?
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 02:38:27 +0200

Hi List,
the Elisp manual tells me about file-attributes:

     4. The time of last access, as a list of two integers. The
        first integer has the high-order 16 bits of time, the
        second has the low 16 bits. (This is similar to the value
        of current-time; see Time of Day.) Note that on some
        FAT-based filesystems, only the date of last access is
        recorded, so this time will always hold the midnight of the
        day of last access.

     5. The time of last modification as a list of two integers (as
        above). This is the last time when the file's contents were
        modified.

If I want to compare the time of last modification of two files - how do
I do that, using these two integers?

--
cheers,
Thorsten