Is there a function for display-buffer-in-biggest-window?

From: Alex Bennee
Subject: Is there a function for display-buffer-in-biggest-window?
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:19:20 +0100

Hi,

My work station has a fairly wide monitor on it now so my main work
frame has been split thusly:

--------------
|        |   |
|        |   |
|        |---|
|        |   |
|        |---|
|        |   |
--------------

However I keep having problems with buffers things open in. The bottom
two on the right are "dedicated" ERC windows so it's a choice of the
main window or the top right. For some operations (e.g. man pages) I
want to use the top right, for others (e.g. compilation-goto-error) I
want to use the biggest frame.

The function display-buffer seems to be the all singing dancing
function to use (over pop-to-buffer and switch-to-buffer). However is
there a display-buffer-largest-window or equivalent?

Cheers,

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
http://www.half-llama.co.uk