indent-region deletes most of region: where to start?

From: Jonathan Eisenhamer
Subject: indent-region deletes most of region: where to start?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:13:05 +0000

Greetings,

This is a "where to start" question.  The situation is as follows:

Issue: indent-region() deletes much of the region. It is clear that there is some point in the file that triggers some failure where, depending on whether mark was placed at the beginning or end of region, will delete from the trigger point to mark.

This is something related to v.24 of Emacs. The same file, sourcing the same startup scripts in v.23 works fine.

The reason I ask "where to start" or "who should I ask first about this" is because of the complicated mode setup the file is being edited in.

The file is a PHP file, and the mode list is (XHMTL yas Multi-Web).

If I am following things, it looks like the actual function being called is the built-in sgml-indent-line()

So, to who or to where should I go from here?

jde