Re: Minibuffer movement

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Minibuffer movement
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 22:26:10 +0300

> From: William Stevenson <yhvh2000@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:20:20 +0100
>
> > Does it help to set resize-mini-windows to nil or t?
>
> t   => No noticable effect

It does have effect, if later the contents of the minibuffer changes
so that it no longer needs extra space.  I guess it's not what happens
for you.

> nil => Padding doesn't happen now but of course buffer does not resize when
> needed >.<

Define "when needed".  The default behavior causes the resize because
your prompt font is slightly larger than the default one.  So Emacs
resizes the minibuffer window because "that's needed" in your case.
The question is: what's the difference between this case and those
where you are ready to accept the resize?