Re: Cocoa emacs renders Unicode combining diacritics improperly

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Cocoa emacs renders Unicode combining diacritics improperly
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 01:10:16 +0200

Am 18.07.2012 um 00:16 schrieb Dan Maftei:

> Thanks for the describe-char output. Mine is working as expected.
> (un-related: can you reproduce this bug?
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2012-07/msg00615.html)

Not exactly. I get, in tcsh:

        Fatal error (11)Abort (core dumped)
        Exit 134

> Speaking of the patch, I didn't download 24.1.1 on purpose: the newest
> official version as obtained from the FTP site (
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/) is listed as 24.1, which is what I used. I'm
> not sure if a version 24.1.0 even exists... but I haven't dug through the
> source repository much.

The version number 24.1.1 has in the first two fields the major and the minor
version number of GNU Emacs. GNU Emacs releases are identified by the major and
minor version number. The last or right-most field is the number of your build,
in this case your first try.

So you used the right sources. Are you used to working on the command line? And
to patch source files? Did you save the output from running configure? (In that
case you could send me privately the output.)

By putting that to your customisation:

        '(read-quoted-char-radix 16)

you could insert any Unicode character by typing C-q <the hex number><something
non-hex like cursor movement, SPACE, RET, ESC)>. This worked to produce d͡.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

War springs from unseen and generally insignificant causes.
                                – Anonymous