How can I silence "Loading..." messages in batch mode?

From: Jack Kelly
Subject: How can I silence "Loading..." messages in batch mode?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 20:15:32 +1000

(Please CC me in replies, I'm not subscribed to the list.)

Context:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake-patches/2012-07/msg00147.html
Particularly:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake-patches/2012-07/msg00158.html

Hi list,

I'm writing code that calls emacs in batch mode to byte-compile files.
When I run anything in batch mode (without -Q), I get a whole pile of
haven't found a good way to do so. I have asked StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/11498108/429232 with no satisfactory
solution. The FAQ doesn't even mention batch mode and a google search
turns up nothing useful.

Any assistance would be appreciated, and advice portable to multiple
emacsen even more so.

-- Jack