Re: Is mcomplete.el still relevant?

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Is mcomplete.el still relevant?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:25:47 +0800

Hi Minejima,

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:18 AM, Minejima Yuji <yuji.minejima@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, there.
I'm the author of mcomplete.el package which does minibuffer completion with prefix and substring matching.
http://homepage1.nifty.com/bmonkey/emacs/elisp/mcomplete.el

I've been away from Emacs and Elisp for several years now. But I decided to
 come back. Back then, some people toled me that they loved mcomplete.el.

I have very fond memories of using mcomplete.  And I still carry it around, although it hasn't been loaded as part of my Emacs init for some time.

Thank you for contributing your time to improve my Emacs experience!

But time flies like an arrow, I'm not sure if it's still relevant to the current
Emacs environment.

Does some other package overtake its functionality? Or does Emacs no longer need it because it already does the same thing on its own?

I believe ido, which is a part of Emacs 24 has very similar functionality.  Although helm is the completion package I've settled on.

https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm

--
Le