Re: Is mcomplete.el still relevant?

From: Sohail Somani
Subject: Re: Is mcomplete.el still relevant?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:16:44 -0400

On 26/07/2012 6:56 AM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
On Thu, Jul 26 2012, Le Wang wrote:

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Sohail Somani <sohail@taggedtype.net
wrote:

     Do you know how to get ido fuzzy matching with helm? This is my
     current issue :)

I'm not sure what this is.  Best to ask Thierry on github.  (and
explain what you mean while you're at it).

Not that anyone asked me, but in a way fuzzy matching is one of the main
reasons I use Emacs. You type a _non-contiguous_ string of letters, and
ido-mode (or whatever else), gradually narrows the possible matches down
to one. That (plus the way emacs fills in the blanks for you at the M-x
prompt) made me realize that "usability" and swooshy window animations
are quite unrelated concepts. I saw a variable called `ido-everywhere'
and though, "yes please!".

So yeah, I just saw ido-everywhere too. Thanks!

But still doesn't work with helm. Le sigh...

Sohail