Re: regexp-builder shows matches, re-search-forward fails?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: regexp-builder shows matches, re-search-forward fails?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:51:04 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

> Not for me.  I can call exactly that twice and point moves to the end of
> the # Task items as it should.  The third call then signal no match,
> cause there are no more matches.

I figured that out, the search was actually ok, but I made a mistake in
the replacement. Since the whole thing was in a while loop, all
appereances were found, but nothing happened (buggy replacement) and the
last loop gave the error message 'search-failed', so all I saw was that
nothing happened - and that error message, confusing me about the cause
of the error.

--
cheers,
Thorsten