set-marker and make-marker, Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, ni

From: ishi soichi
Subject: set-marker and make-marker, Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 10:38:00 +0900

Emacs23

 This should be simple for many of you.
I am trying to develop a function that searches a word definition stored in a dict file.

As you can see, when reading a text, you might need to look for additional information about the encountered word.
The following function searches the information for the word in the region.

(defvar sfl-dictionary-directory "~/Dropbox/ElmLab/dict")
(defvar sfl-base-dict-file "test5.txt")

(defun sfl-search-word-meaning ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((word
(buffer-substring (region-beginning) (region-end)))
(result))
    (with-current-buffer
     (find-file (concat sfl-dictionary-directory "/" sfl-base-dict-file))
     (goto-char (point-min))
     (search-forward word)
     (set-marker (make-marker) (beginning-of-line))
     (goto-char (end-of-line))
     (setq result (buffer-substring (region-beginning) (region-end)))
     (message result))))

But this gives an error

save-current-buffer: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil

It looks like (set-marker ... part is doing something wrong.

Could anyone point out the mistake I am making?

soichi