Re: Emacs freezes every now and then on my windows 7 pc

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs freezes every now and then on my windows 7 pc
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 09:31:43 +0300

> From: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 03:35:46 +0530
>

> I am on Windows XP and my Emacs version is the latest one made available
> by Christopher - emacs-20120723-r109189-bin-i386.zip.
>
> It crashes meaning *very randomly* but it does crash.  Obviously I don't
> have a recipe to reproduce it.
>
> It has been so problematic that I switched to the stable version a few
> hours back.

That's irrelevant.  If you use the development builds, you need to
accept the very real possibility that a particular revision is
broken.  If you cannot build your own Emacs when the bug is fixed a
few revisions after it was introduced, you might be stuck with an
unusable binary for a week or even more.

I was talking about a released version, and so I believe was the OP.
Please don't muddy the waters by introducing development versions into
this.