Re: efficient replacing – really faster compared to using the mouse?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: efficient replacing – really faster compared to using the mouse?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:46:35 +0200

Am 10.08.2012 um 17:21 schrieb Ferdinand:

> Now in TextMate I just switch to column-mode with my mouse (by pressing alt
> while selecting).

Something similar exists in GNU Emacs: working with rectangles. Try C-h i  m
emac RET  m rect RET.

The commands you need are C-SPACE to mark a region, C-x r k to kill a
rectangle, C-x r t <TEXT> RET to insert new text instead of the old.

--
Greetings

  Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                - Groucho Marx