Indenting property lists with keywords as property names

From: Raffaele Ricciardi
Subject: Indenting property lists with keywords as property names
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 10:35:01 +0100

Hello there,

this is how Emacs Lisp Mode indents a property list with keywords as property names:

'(:a x
     :b y
     :c z)

I'm looking for a way to have the keywords aligned like this:

'(:a x
  :b y
  :c z)

Without resorting to rewriting the list like this:

(list :a 'x
      :b 'y
      :c 'z)

I've looked into the Lisp Indent Customize Group and into the Emacs Manuals to no avail.

Or is the code conceptually wrong from the beginning, as you are not expected to quote keywords? However, both (keyword :a) and (keyword ':a) return t.

Thanks.