RE: How to combine these two regular expressions

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: How to combine these two regular expressions
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:08:26 +0000

The most common way to "combine" two regular expressions is the form

I usually do this with variables (concat "\\(" re-1 "\\|" re-2 "\\)").

There's also the form "\\(?:...\\)" if you don't care about match data or
"\\(?N:...\\)" if you care very much about it. (N is an integer and forces this
match to become match number N.)

I hope this helps.

,Doug