Re: Setting up head of the day columns in the calendar?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Setting up head of the day columns in the calendar?
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 10:07:23 +0200

Am 18.08.2012 um 09:23 schrieb Csanyi Pal:

> Can I set up this somehow so I can get a proper display of head of day
> columns in the calendar?

There are two possible places: you can (re-)set the variable
calendar-abbrev-length to 3 – the default value. This length is used for
abbreviating both day and month names. The second option is to alter the
variable calendar-day-abbrev-array. At its end it has a vector of abbreviated
day names. "You can customize this variable." By looking up its documentation
for example, with C-h v.

Don't forget to adjust your diary file to the new length of abbreviated day and
month names!

--
Greetings

  Pete

A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.