Re: resume with arguments in modern emacsen

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: resume with arguments in modern emacsen
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:44:47 +0200

Am 21.08.2012 um 10:31 schrieb Daniel:

> Since resume.el has become obsolete, does anybody have some tip on how to
> achieve the same functionality by some other means? That is, having a
> suspended
> (C-z) emacs open a file the moment it is resumed (fg). I'm usually on non-X11
> emacs, and typically not running emacsclient. Perhaps the only solution
> nowdays is emacsclient, but would it even work when emacs is suspended...

Between suspending GNU Emacs in the background and then putting again into the
foreground nothing can happen in GNU Emacs in-between. Nothing changes. When it
is again in the foreground it will show the same as in the moment when it was
put into the background…

--
Greetings

  Pete

The wise man said: "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their
level and beat you with experience."