Re: org-mode keybinding

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: org-mode keybinding
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:21:12 +0200

drain <aeuster@gmail.com> writes:

> Now the code loads without error, just like the first two variations I
> listed, but the remapped command is still functioning like
> beginning-of-line, rather than org-beginning-of-line.
>
> Perhaps to be clearer, if this is my heading, and point starts at P, right
> after the last dot of the ellipsis:
>
> *Movies...P
>
> and I press C-q, point moves on top of the first dot of the ellipsis. I
> Press C-q again, point moves on top of the asterisk.
>
> C-a, however, which is mapped to org-beginning-of-line in org.el, moves
> point from the last ellipsis dot to the asterisk immediately.

I cannot reproduce or understand the problem.

If you have

  (require 'org)
  (define-key org-mode-map "\C-q" 'org-beginning-of-line)

then C-q will call `org-beginning-of-line'.

Perhaps you can instrument `org-beginning-of-line' ?

C-h f org-beginning-of-line RET to find the function and
C-u C-M-x at the end of the function to "edebug" it.

Then C-q again to see what happens.

--
 Bastien