Re: GDB: Don't display I/O buffer window.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GDB: Don't display I/O buffer window.
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 17:53:25 +0300

> From: chandan r <chandanrmail@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 20:43:16 +0530
>
> Quoting from the Emacs manual,
> "However, if `gdb-use-separate-io-buffer' is `nil', the I/O buffer
> does not appear and the primary source buffer occupies the full width
> of the frame."
>
> Emacs displays the 'I/O buffer', Inspite of setting gdb-use-separate-io-buffer
> to nil in my init file.

This is a documentation bug: that variable no longer exists.  Please
submit a bug report with "M-x report-emacs-bug RET".

> Please let me know what else I need to add in my init file to
> disable the 'I/O buffer'.

Why do you need that?  Doing that is a bad idea, because the I/O of
the program being debugged should always be separated from the GDB
I/O.  Otherwise, Emacs will try to interpret the program's output as
if it were something produced by the debugger, which will mess your
debugging.

If you just are not interested in seeing the I/O buffer, go to it and
type "C-x 0".