Re: line adjustment at the end of a sentence

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: line adjustment at the end of a sentence
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:35:25 -0400

In article <mailman.9790.1348681903.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

> > The number of spaces between English sentences has been
> > gradually switching from two to one.
>
> Dunno about that.  Mostly I think people just use plain text less and
> formatted
> text more nowadays.

Right. The old convention was for typewriters with fixed-width fonts,
and Emacs was designed for the same type of text processing.

I don't think it was ever applied to typeset text, and most people now
use word processors that generate comparable output.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA