Re: Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 crashes

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 crashes
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 11:21:06 +0200

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
> Recently, without apparent reasons, I've many crashes of Emacs (daily, a
> couple of crashes).

My second one of the day...

> Both have crashes, /often/ when filling in my regexp pattern for `helm-files',
> but /not necessarily/ (sometimes in Gnus, sometimes at other moments).

Here, I was scrolling inside an Org buffer, with code blocks and native
fontification (`org-src-fontify-natively' set to `t').

I have the impression I was on the border of a code block (not yet visible),
hence it certainly invoking some fontification mechanism.

I was attached to the process already before the crash, and this is the recent
history in GDB:

Reading symbols from /cygdrive/c/Program Files/emacs-24.1/bin/emacs.exe...c
done.
(gdb) c
Continuing.

[New Thread 7064.0x22c8]
[New Thread 7064.0x9c0]
[New Thread 7064.0x1f18]
[New Thread 7064.0x19e4]
[New Thread 7064.0x19ec]
[New Thread 7064.0xebc]
[New Thread 7064.0x12fc]
[New Thread 7064.0xcdc]
warning: reader_thread.SetEvent failed with 6 for fd 7
warning: reader_thread.SetEvent failed with 6 for fd 4
warning: frame 03904C00 (Emacs) obscured
warning: obscured frame 03904C00 (Emacs) found to be visible
[New Thread 7064.0x196c]
warning: sys_read called when read is in progress
[New Thread 7064.0x1fe4]
[New Thread 7064.0x210c]
warning: sys_read called when read is in progress
[New Thread 7064.0xa94]
[New Thread 7064.0x15ec]
warning: sys_kill.TerminateProcess returned 5 for pid 8820
[New Thread 7064.0x1c48]
[New Thread 7064.0xed4]
[New Thread 7064.0x1e68]
[New Thread 7064.0x1698]
[New Thread 7064.0x10b8]
[New Thread 7064.0x1c38]
[New Thread 7064.0x139c]

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread 7064.0x139c]
0x7c91120f in ntdll!DbgUiConnectToDbg () from
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/ntdll.dll
(gdb)
Continuing.
[New Thread 7064.0x1e14]

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread 7064.0x1e14]
0x7c91120f in ntdll!DbgUiConnectToDbg () from
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/ntdll.dll
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x7c91120f in ntdll!DbgUiConnectToDbg () from
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/ntdll.dll
#1  0x7c962119 in ntdll!KiIntSystemCall () from
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/ntdll.dll
#2  0x00000005 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000004 in ?? ()
#4  0x00000001 in ?? ()