Re: How to render gud (python debugger) output?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to render gud (python debugger) output?
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 10:40:02 +0200

> Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 01:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Z <zhushenli@gmail.com>
>
> I use gud pdb to debug Python program. But output of gud is mono color
> and hard to identify the information in a huge chuck of
> output(e.g. type "bt" and find current frame in stack). So I want to add
> color and link to the output.
>
> How to render gud output? What function shall I add or change?

Did you try the command below?

   M-x gdb-many-windows RET

You can also invoke it by clicking "Gud->GDB-MI->Display Other Windows"
from the menu bar.

This causes the call stack be automatically displayed in a separate
window, with clickable frames.  So you should not need to examine the
output of "bt" manually, if you don't want to.