Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Diff could also show the changes within lines
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 14:47:06 +0000 (UTC)

Drew Adams <drew.adams <at> oracle.com> writes:

> > Has anyone tried improving diff like this? Is there a package
> > which does this?
>
> ediff
>
> E.g. `M-x ediff-buffers'

Okay, but I mean output from git/mercurial/etc. when I get
a file history from emacs, or diff between versions, etc.

These commands invoke diff, and I like the single buffer diff
output, I don't need ediff showing diffs in two windows, etc.
that's why I think improving the regular diff output could
be useful.