Re: cygwin -- getting *shell* to parse pipes & other unix cmd-line stuff

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: cygwin -- getting *shell* to parse pipes & other unix cmd-line stuff?
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:29:23 +0200

> From: dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs)
> Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:11:33 +0000 (UTC)
>
> OK, the edit--> paste works.
>
> The alt-enter expands to full screen, but like a magnifying
> glass.  Same number of lines.  Of course what you'd like
> is a full 60 or so lines.

I don't think it supports an arbitrary number of lines, only those
supported by the VGA mode of your video card.  Try setting the cmd
window to 50 lines, and then I'd expect Alt-Enter to give you a
50-line full-screen display.

> The enter-->  menu has a greyed-out "copy" -- seems to be
> now way to "blue out" (via sweeping the mouse) an area
> within that window *to* "copy".  What's the trick for
> this one?

Edit->Mark, then mark with the mouse.

> Question: your use here is separate from using emacs,
> yes?

The above has nothing to do with Emacs at all, it's all basic Windows
trickery.