Re: visual line mode

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: visual line mode
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 17:26:13 +0200

Am 13.10.2012 um 09:36 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

> As for the cursor not jumping to the end of line: Emacs cannot put the
> cursor where there's no text.

This is as clear as a clear day. Or night. I would have reported a bug when I
would have encountered something like that. And I was not complaining that the
text cursor jumped from EOL (end of line) in column 47 to column 23 (when the
line's so short, how can the text cursor stay far out in space?), what I miss
is that it does not jump to column 61 where the other line actually ends but
stayed in column 47.

OTOH, what I tried to show with my screen-shot looks exactly like something
impossible: the text cursor beyond the end of the line of text. After the word
"xdv2pdf" cannot be any white space because it was certainly removed before (I
can't remember that replace-regexp was failing before) and because it was not
shown in the other wider buffer. Was GNU Emacs a bit confused because the first
part of the line it had to break was longer than the window is wide?

--
Greetings

  Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by
those which have occurred to others.
                                – Blaise Pascal