Re: visual line mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: visual line mode
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 17:39:14 +0200

> From: Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE>
> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 17:26:13 +0200
> Cc: Help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> what I miss is that it does not jump to column 61 where the other line
> actually ends but stayed in column 47.

Sorry, but this is not helpful.  Column 61 and column 47 don't say
anything to me, unless you show a precise recipe, starting with
"emacs -Q", that would explain what you expect Emacs to do.

> OTOH, what I tried to show with my screen-shot looks exactly like something
> impossible: the text cursor beyond the end of the line of text. After the
> word "xdv2pdf" cannot be any white space because it was certainly removed
> before (I can't remember that replace-regexp was failing before) and because
> it was not shown in the other wider buffer. Was GNU Emacs a bit confused
> because the first part of the line it had to break was longer than the window
> is wide?

This is either due to a bug or to some customization (most probably
the latter).  Again, please give a recipe to reproduce such a
behavior.  It should never happen, and has nothing to do with
visual-line-mode.