Re: IDE versus emacs

From: Jai Dayal
Subject: Re: IDE versus emacs
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 10:07:13 -0400

Isn't this for Vim????

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> wrote:
Sohail Somani <sohail <at> taggedtype.net> writes:

> Good enough for me most of the time, but yeah, it would be beyond
> awesome if Someone (TM) would use clang or something that understands
> C++ better to generate the TAGS files...

As an alternative you can give a try to eclim. It supports the
following features for C++:

Context sensitive code completion.
Searching.
Source code validation.

http://eclim.org/features.html

AFAIK the emacs eclim interface supports only Java currently,
but if you know Elisp then it should not be hard to add
C++ too (the infrastructure is there, you only have to add
the calls for the C++ commands of the eclim interface).