Re: org-mode for note taking (houkensjtu)

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: org-mode for note taking (houkensjtu)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 19:35:51 +0200

On 2012-11-09, houkensjtu wrote:

> As you mentioned, this mailing is actually a GNU news group

No. This list is mail list. It managed through

But Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen (one of GNUS developer) maintain software that
bridge mail list with news group:

  http://gmane.org/contact.php

> so I guess I will be able to handle it by gnus.

Gnus can handle NNTP, POP, IMAP protocols for you.

> How about other google group which may not be a GNU news group?

Many non-GNU groups but for Open Source project also available through Gmane.

You can ask to add own list if it satisfy several requirements:

  http://gmane.org/subscribe.php

But also you can interesting in reading USENET. Just visit:

  http://eternal-september.org

or:

  nntp:news.eternal-september.org
  nntp:nntp.aioe.org

and open to yourself 30.000 mostly dead discussion groups!!

> Is it possible to manage them through gnus also?

Do you really read funny Gnus info? Look:

  Question 4.11

  Can I highlight messages written by me and follow-ups to those?

  Answer

  Stop those "Can I ..." questions, the answer is always yes in Gnus
  Country :-).

--
Best regards!