Re: Show who is requiring

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Show who is requiring
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 10:41:29 +0100

Hi Eli and Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>
>> I tried using (current-buffer) to get the name of the "source" package
>> (i.e., the one which makes the `require' request), but that's wrong. Any
>> idea how to get the name of the "caller" package?
>
> Check this out:
>
>   C-h f find-lisp-object-file-name RET

I wasn't clear enough: what I'd like is that if, for example, helm-m-x.el
contains
a require of helm.el, then (with my advice'd require), when requiring
helm-m-x, I'd see in the Messages:

    helm-m-x.el is now requiring helm.el

So, I'm interested in the name of the package which contains require's of
other packages (and executes them).

That could be done statically on the file system, but I'd like to see the view
of "who called who" for my Emacs session.

Am I clearer in what I'm searching for?

Best regards,
  Seb

--